Do you enjoy being part of a team that listens, inspires, and collaborates together to produce incredible solutions? Would you describe yourself as an exceptional designer, an excellent communicator and a wildly creative perfectionist? If this sounds like you, then we might be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Designer for our Design Services group. This position offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced agency environment and ultimately provide a path for career growth.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
Core Creative is a full-service, integrated branding agency with a passion for making brands more human. Ranked as a top 10 agency in the City of Milwaukee, we provide a supportive and fast-paced atmosphere with an amazing, family-like culture. We not only value our clients, but we also place our employees just as high on the priority list. This is evident in our awards as one of the Milwaukee’s Top Workplaces by the Milwaukee Business Journal.
Core Creative Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The Designer has excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They must have the ability to take both initiative and ownership of projects, and be able to provide and accept practical feedback.
What you’ll do everyday (well, for the most part)
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required.
- Works within designated brand standards but is able to push the limits of those standards when called for.
- Works with creative director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Generates proofs for review by supervisor, creative director, assigned art director, account service personnel, proofreader/copy-editor or client. Generates final production layouts prior to release.
- Confirms all production deadlines with Team Leader or Project Leader.
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval.
- Makes all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly.
- Produces mockups and mounts artwork to boards for presentations
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop); takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- 2- or 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred
- 2 – 5 years of agency or related experience
- Superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of terminology and vendor requirements / capabilities
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience in using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Reasonable drawing skills; knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; and good communication skills are desirable
- A wonderful disposition and the ability to have fun