Designer – Accessories, Design Services
Under the supervision of the Lead Designer, the Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The Designer has excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They must have the ability to take both initiative and ownership of projects, and be able to provide and accept practical feedback. The position requires a strong eye for design and in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- The ability to collaborate is crucial in successfully integrating with the Design Service team and the overall WE culture at Core Creative. At various points in any project it may be required to work closely with a Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designer or the Design Director to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Heavy emphasis on packaging design production and regularly stepping out package skus, with the occasional opportunity for original package layout design. This position requires a familiarity with packaging structure, strong attention to detail and continuity, as well as creative problem-solving skills
- Interprets client input documents and develops an understanding of available resources to compliment Project Leader’s direction and guidance
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required
- Works within designated brand standards but is able to push the limits of those standards when called for
- Confirms all deadlines with Team Leader or Project Leader to ensure meeting deadlines
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions prior to submitting work for routing
- Generates proofs for routing to Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designers or Design Director when applicable
- Makes all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Generates final production layouts prior to release. Follows final routing procedures
- Produces mockups and mounts artwork to boards for presentations
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop); takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
- Assists in maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 2- or 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred
- Superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of terminology and vendor requirements / capabilities
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience in using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Reasonable drawing skills; knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; and good communication skills are desirable.