Do you enjoy being part of a team that listens, inspires and collaborates together to produce incredible results? Would you describe yourself as an exceptional designer, a wildly creative perfectionist and an excellent communicator? If this sounds like you, then we might be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our creative team. This position offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced agency environment and provides a solid path for career growth.
Your role in a nutshell:
Under the supervision of the Creative Directors and Art Directors, the Graphic Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. A desire to collaborate is key. The role requires exceptional design and conceptual thinking as well as written and verbal communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You must take initiative and ownership of projects, while being able to provide and accept practical feedback.
- 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience beyond schooling in agency or in-house marketing department. Solid experience in design (both print/digital) and production. Digital experience includes creating landing pages, HTML email design and banner ad layouts. We will also consider strong entry-level candidates with similar experience during schooling
- Superior visual conceptual and problem-solving skills. Great thinker. View project work as a challenge that you enjoy solving
- Strong knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and XD.
- Experience with video and motion graphics using Adobe Premier / After Effects (nice-to-have)
- Experience with Keynote (nice-to-have)
- Reasonable drawing skills
- Knowledge of design/production terminology (both print/digital)
- Knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper and ink selection; familiarity with typestyles, type design; stock photography; photo retouching and image manipulation
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Outstanding organizational, time management and archiving skills
- A desire to learn and grow
- A wonderful disposition and enjoys having fun!
What you’ll do every day (well, for the most part):
- Provide design, illustration and production from conception to completion as required
- Work with various teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Generate proofs for review by supervisor, creative director, assigned art directors, copywriter, account team, proofreader and client.
- Confirm and follow production deadlines and budgets with project managers
- Review all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval. Make all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Troubleshoot problems with team
- Resize print and digital ads
- Proof all work against client brand standards (fonts, spacing, color breakdowns, logo white space, etc.)
- Preflight and package final artwork files for release to printers or publications based on project specifications. Confirm color and proper resolutions prior to printing
- Prepare artwork for online and mobile applications. Knowledge of interactive/web image requirements for preparing artwork for interactive/web applications is desired
- Produce physical mockups and creates digital presentations
- Image retouching/manipulation and clipping paths
- Maintain organized digital files (layouts, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources) for future use in locating files
Compensation and benefits:
- Vacation/Personal Time: 11 days per year
- Holidays: 12 days per year
- Sick time (including pets): 6 days per year
- 55% health insurance premium coverage and partial deductible reimbursement
- 100% dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance
- Access to vision and short-term disability insurance coverage
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Continuing education fund
- Technology reimbursement
- Home office stipend
- Hybrid remote/in office work environment
- Paid FMLA leave
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Work from Home Policy:
This role will fall under Core Creative’s work from home structure that allows the employee to choose where to work from. We realize that some days it is simply more efficient for you to work from your home office, while on other days it may be easier to book an office space and work from the Core Creative offices. This policy is grounded in both our trust in our hard-working and dedicated employees, as well as our desire to create work life balance for those employees to the best of our ability. Core will provide all the necessary equipment and a stipend for technology to each employee. We expect our new hire will follow all guidelines that allow us to have this policy in place.
Core Creative is a full-service, integrated branding agency with a passion for helping people live healthier, more purposeful lives. Ranked as a top 10 agency in the City of Milwaukee, we provide a supportive and fast-paced atmosphere with an amazing, family-like culture. We not only value our clients, but we also place our employees just as high on the priority list. We’ve been recognized as one of Milwaukee’s best places to work by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as the Business Journal of Greater Milwaukee.
Core Creative Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.