Graphic Designer – Brand Services
Do you enjoy being part of a team that listens, inspires and collaborates together to produce incredible results? Would you describe yourself as creative, organized and flexible? If this sounds like you, then we might be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team. This position offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced agency environment and ultimately provides a path for career growth.
What we’re about
Core Creative is a full-service, integrated branding agency with a passion for making brands more human. Ranked as a top 10 agency in the City of Milwaukee, we provide a supportive and fast-paced atmosphere with an amazing, family-like culture. We not only value our clients, but we also place our employees just as high on the priority list. This is evident in our awards as one of the Milwaukee’s Top Workplaces by the Milwaukee Business Journal.
Your role in a nutshell
Under the supervision of the Creative Director and Art Directors, the Graphic Designer works independently on assigned projects or as a member of a project team in both a designer and production artist role. The role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate must take initiative and ownership of projects, while being able to provide and accept practical feedback.
What you’ll do everyday (well, for the most part)
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide design and production from conception to completion as required.
- Work within designated brand standards but be able to push the limits of those standards when called for.
- Work with the creative director, art director and copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Generate proofs for review by supervisor, creative director, assigned art director, account service personnel, proofreader/copy editor or client. Generate final production layouts prior to release.
- Confirm production deadlines and budgets with project manager.
- Review all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval. Make all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly.
- Produce physical mockups and create digital presentations.
- Maintain production and design skills according to industry standards.
- Assist in maintaining and organizing digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials/resources to assist other department members in locating files.
- A 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in agency or in-house marketing department. Solid experience in design (print/digital) and production. Digital experience includes: html email design and animated banner ads.
- Superior visual, conceptual and problem-solving skills. Great thinking. Approach project work as a challenge that you enjoy solving.
- Strong attention to detail. Knowledge of design/production terminology (print/digital).
- Strong knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Keynote is a plus. Understanding of basic CSS/html and the ability to think through design for digital.
- Willingness to jump in on any aspect of design or production across all our client teams.
- An understanding of vendor requirements/capabilities (digital, print and media) production processes.
- Knowledge of printing processes and specification, paper and ink selection, familiarity with typography, stock photography, photo retouching and image manipulation.
- A wonderful disposition and enjoy having fun!