The marketing specialist’s lead responsibility is to build and maintain the relationship between the agency and the client. He/she serves as the client advocate within the agency, as well as the lead communicator with the internal and external client teams. He/she interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client, working closely with the project manager to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Manages and sets all client touchpoints
- Works to understand clients’ business or marketing problem(s), obtain input, and set meaningful goals
- Develops marketing communications plans and proposals with the planner/strategist and category strategists
- Enlists help of usability/user experience personnel, social strategist, digital strategist, media strategist, content strategist, etc., as prudent to provide appropriate intelligence, counsel and strategic deliverables
- Develops and/or assists in the development of all strategic deliverables including proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, dashboards, etc.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and project manager or other relevant personnel
- Relays client communication with internal teams and directs as such
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client engagement team members in these functions
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Provides ongoing reporting and updates on measures, budgets and other key communications for clients
- Assists in preparing client invoices and manages client budgets
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications
- Works on project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Must be well-organized and self-motivated
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Working under tight deadlines
- Handle pressure well
- Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on leadership
Education and Training:
Must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field – agency experience, with a health care background, preferred.