PR/Social Media Specialist
Do you enjoy being part of a team that listens, inspires, and collaborates together to produce incredible solutions and results? Would you describe yourself as a great writer, an excellent communicator and a persuasive extrovert? If this sounds like you, then we might be your perfect fit. We are looking for an PR/Social Specialist who can help support our PR and Social efforts both with clients and for Core. This position offers an opportunity to learn every aspect of the agency, and ultimately provide a path for growth.
Core Creative is a full-service, integrated branding agency with a passion for helping people live healthier, more purposeful lives. Ranked as a top 10 agency in the city of Milwaukee, we provide a supportive and fast-paced atmosphere with an amazing, family-like culture. We not only value our clients, but we also place our employees just as high on the priority list. We’ve been recognized as one of Milwaukee’s best places to work by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as the Business Journal of Greater Milwaukee. Core Creative Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Reports to the Public Relations/ Internal Communications Strategist
- Relay client communication with internal teams.
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assist in preparing client documents and deliverables (i.e. news releases, articles/blogs, social posts/engagement, reports).
- Checks for and responds promptly to all client communications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of proposals and public relations plans.
- Develop and maintain media lists and media contacts for assigned accounts.
- Write media materials, including press releases, pitches, articles/blogs, press kits and other relevant materials.
- Actively pitch local, regional, national and trade media.
- Monitor for coverage and communication across all channels.
- Assist with the coordination and planning of special events, as needed.
- Assemble weekly and monthly reports as required by clients, taking the lead on insights and analysis, as well as leading reviews of reports with clients.
- Use and adhere to documented strategy to guide execution and content creation.
- Development and implementation of social media plans, as well as advising clients on social strategy based on current algorithms and trends.
- Creates paid social strategy and budget recommendations to create the highest impact campaigns.
- Creation and deployment of social content across all platforms.
- Maintain accurate, and up-to-date content calendars.
- Work directly with clients to create and maintain accurate messaging.
- Writing and communicating to vast audiences with differing needs.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of and adherence to AP style.
- Remaining well organized and self-motivated, and have the ability to multi task.
- Handling pressure and working under tight deadlines.
- Working with a wide range of personalities.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years agency experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related fields.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.