The project leader is the liaison between the client and the agency design team. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the project leader must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
The project leader position requires superior project management skills. S/he must be a conscientious team player and a good organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills. The project leader is a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude.
Reports to VP of Creative Services.
- Acts as the primary client contact for assigned projects, developing relationships with clients and working closely with them to learn their business and communication needs.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Schedules both staff and freelance designers in order to meet stringent deadlines set by the client.
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes.
- Proactively gathers the necessary information to plan and implement each client project.
- Provides timely issuance of all documentation: project initiations, creative briefs, estimates, timelines, meeting summaries, and status reports.
- Manages time and financial resources to ensure client projects are on time and on budget
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Proofreads all text and corrects spelling, usage and grammatical errors.
- Resolves original copy queries directly with the copywriter, and amends text files.
- Proofreads all files produced by the design staff; annotates PDFs and/or edits in word files using software edit/markup tools.
- Maintains working knowledge of pertinent software and peripherals needed to complete work.