The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist will manage all paid search campaigns on Google, Yahoo and Bing, as well as other search and display marketing engines for Core and its clients. A successful SEM Specialist will effectively manage the paid search budget and work with the integrated marketing team in order to maximize ROI, drive traffic, and customers.
The SEM Specialist understands the workings of various search engines used by consumers and the different ranking and search techniques for each of those engines. The SEM Specialist also plays a role in the planning and managing of website updates, digital advertising campaigns and paid social in order to drive search results for the business’s pages. He/she also has a duty to monitor and analyze performance of the business’s online pages, employing the use of search engine analytical tools as well as online tracking tools. He/she then proceeds to make recommendations for strategy improvements and optimal media mix.
The SEM Specialist works within the media strategy group, and closely partners with the agency’s research, planning, account and category strategists, client teams and business developers.
- Develop and execute SEM strategy for Core and its clients
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, budgets and schedules, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search marketing campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Google Ads Certification
- Proven SEM experience and success managing campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM
- In-depth experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Working knowledge of paid social
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Arts/Science degree in marketing or technology
- 3-5 years of experiencee of social platforms