Advertising, content and public relations campaign work done for Core Creative clients Concordia University Wisconsin and Concordia University Ann Arbor has been recognized by the Higher Education Marketing Report as a part of their Educational Advertising Awards.
Core won five awards, including three Gold Awards, one Silver Award and one Merit Award.
These awards represent the focus on research, creative strategy, content development and tenacious media relations work Core brings to every project for every client. Beginning with shared goals of increasing attendance and helping Concordia stand out in a crowded market, Core was able to leverage its campaign development, public relations, social media and video production expertise to tell the full story of the University, its students and its campus leaders.
“At Core, we believe in making brands more human,” says Beth Crivello-Wagner, Vice President of Brand Services. “Our recognized work is a direct manifestation and outcome of upholding this belief. Focusing on authentic storytelling allows us to make real human connections with our audiences, and provides an accurate and emotional view of the experiences happening on campus. It also empowers the audience to make informed and mission-driven life decisions, focusing on what matters in their lives. We align storytelling with results-driven content marketing strategies to bolster outcomes for our clients.”
That focus fueled work that won Gold in the following categories:
- TOTAL INTEGRATED CAMPAIGN for the Concordia Ann Arbor “Doers Welcome” The campaign sought to increase student enrollment and focused on emotional storytelling about students and campus leaders living the University’s mission to help stand out in a crowded market.
- TOTAL PR PROGRAM for ongoing media relations efforts to position spokespeople and draw attention to the stories and events happening on campus at Concordia University Wisconsin.
- TV ADVERTISING SERIES for an advertising campaign of animated pieces about the Concordia Accelerated Education program that promoted career nights and MBA/OLA events for adult students.
Core’s work for Concordia was also recognized with one Silver and one Merit award in the areas of social media and video production:
- SILVER AWARD – SOCIAL MEDIA for the social media focus of the Concordia Ann Arbor “Doers Welcome” campaign that told stories and drove action around the leadership and “doers” at the University. In its first half, the campaign generated more than 400,000 impressions for activity on campus that aligned with the “Doers Welcome” campaign.
- MERIT AWARD – SPECIAL VIDEO PRODUCTION for the Concordia Ann Arbor “Doers Welcome” Student Story. This award recognized a series of long-form videos that acted as the anchor for the “Doers Welcome” campaign and told the story of the students and mission of CUAA.
This competition, now in it’s thirty-first year, is the largest educational advertising awards competition in the country. This year more than 2,000 entries were made from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools. Judged by a national panel of industry specialists on creativity, marketing execution and message impact, these awards recognize the best of the best in higher education advertising.