Leveraging an annual report to spread a powerful brand message throughout the region.
Woven into the fabric of the community.
When Owensboro Health merged with another hospital in the mid-1990s, the health system was required by the city and county governments to provide an annual financial report. Seeing an opportunity to further leverage the piece as a marketing tool, our client tasked us with re-imagining the report and how it is presented.
With a strategic goal of connecting the system’s services with their impact on the community, Core proposed the concept “Fabric of the Community.” The campaign featured striking photography of recognizable local landmarks with embedded statistics and facts demonstrating Owensboro Health’s impact throughout the community.
Components of this non-traditional annual report included:
- A 9-panel direct mail piece sent to more than 60,000 residents in Owensboro Health’s service area.
- MakingUsBetter.com, a microsite where visitors could view the full annual report and take a free health risk assessment in exchange for a free t-shirt.
- A multi-media campaign leveraging traditional tactics (outdoor boards, print ads and online ads) and more non-traditional items such as coffee sleeves.
- Community presentations were held in three areas to communicate key messages and gain community support.
- Nearly 1,000 people completed the online health risk assessment and redeemed a free t-shirt at an Owensboro Health location.