Designer – Design Services
Core Creative is seeking a Designer for their Design Services* division. Under the supervision of the Lead Designer, the Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The Designer has excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They must have the ability to take both initiative and ownership of projects, and be able to provide and accept practical feedback. The position requires a strong eye for design and in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
*Core’s Design Services division is focused on managing a single, large client – this division currently has over 30 employees.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- The ability to collaborate is crucial in successfully integrating with the Design Service team and the overall “WE” culture at Core Creative. At various points in any project it may be required to work closely with a Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designer or the Design Director to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- This position requires a familiarity with packaging structure, strong attention to detail and continuity, as well as creative problem-solving skills
- Interprets client input documents and develops an understanding of available resources to compliment Project Leader’s direction and guidance
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required
- Works within designated brand standards but is able to push the limits of those standards when called for
- Confirms all deadlines with Team Leader or Project Leader to ensure meeting deadlines
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions prior to submitting work for routing
- Generates proofs for routing to Senior Designer, Project Leader, Lead Designers or Design Director when applicable
- Makes all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Generates final production layouts prior to release. Follows final routing procedures
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop); takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
- Assists in maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references
2- or 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred.
Strong skills/understanding of the following:
- Page Layout and Visual Balance
- Alignment and Spacing
- Typographic Rules
- Brand Standards
Superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of terminology and vendor requirements / capabilities.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience in using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Reasonable drawing skills; knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation.
Good communication skills are a must.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Starting vacation/personal time: 11 days per year
- Holidays: 10 days per year
- Sick time: 6 days per year
- 50% health insurance and partial deductible reimbursement
- 100% dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance
- Access to vision and short-term disability insurance coverage
- FSA/HRA 401(k) employer contributions
- Mobile phone and data reimbursement available
- Flexible work arrangement with the ability to work from home or at our office