Designers – Design Services
Core Creative is looking for designers with 2 – 5 years of experience to join our growing Design Services team. Successful candidates will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to work in this fast-paced, collaborative environment. They must have the ability to take both initiative and ownership of projects, and be able to provide and accept practical feedback. Positions will require a strong eye for design and in-depth knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop – knowledge of Cinema 4D a plus.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required
- Works within designated brand standards but is able to push the limits of those standards when called for
- Works with Senior Designer, Project Leader and occasionally Lead Designers to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Confirms all deadlines with Team Leader or Project Leader to ensure meeting deadlines
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for routing
- Generates proofs for routing by Senior Designer, Project Leader and Lead Designers when applicable. Makes all necessary changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Generates final production layouts prior to release. Follows final routing procedures
- Produces mockups and mounts artwork to boards for presentations
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop – and potentially Cinema 4D); takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
- Assists in maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, materials and resources to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references
2- or 4-year degree with graphics-related major preferred.
Strong skills/understanding of the following:
- Page layout and visual balance
- Alignment and spacing
- Typographic rules
- Brand standards
- Superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of terminology and vendor requirements / capabilities.
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience in using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Reasonable drawing skills; knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation.
- Good communication skills are a must.